Sunday, March 14, 2010

hello

I'm Leslie. I don't consider myself a minimalist by any stretch, but there are certain ideals that I'm beginning to strive for in my life. One of the main principles I've been trying to adopt is the elimination of unnecessary possessions. Since the beginning of the year I've been in a frenzy of decluttering my home and frantically trying to live up to the motto "A place for everything and everything in its place".

So welcome to 2,240 lbs. This site will document my journey as I clear my life of ONE TON of crap. This will be no simple task: between my many crafting ambitions, a husband with pack rat tendencies, and two cats with more toys than most children I know, this will be a great adventure.

Oh, wait! I'm giving myself until the end of June to accomplish this. What good would this blog be without an artificial deadline to heighten the drama?

And one more thing! I'm also going to account for all the things I acquire in order to correctly offset the weight.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment